KPMG Job Specification
Title: Legal Consultant/Senior Legal Consultant
Business Unit: Legal
Reporting to: Directors
Purpose of the Job:
The KPMG Legal Services Business Unit is a team of dedicated professionals committed to excellence and the delivery of innovative, cutting-edge solutions to our clients’ needs.
We offer services in all areas of corporate and commercial law, with both local and international clients.
The work that we do is diversified and exciting, from mergers and acquisitions to the structuring of business entities and group rationalisations. We also offer services in relation to financing, share incentive schemes and financial services, to name but a few.
Key job duties or responsibilities:
- Drafting and reviewing agreements;
- Developing and maintaining client relationships;
- Mergers and Acquisitions;
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins;
- Structuring of business entities and group rationalisations;
- Project finance structuring;
- Share incentive schemes;
- Financial Services regulatory opinions and approvals
- Preparing applications to and interacting with regulatory (the Competition Commission) in respect of notifiable mergers and the Securities Regulation Panel, in respect of various dealings in the shares of companies listed on the JSE Securities Exchange).
- Produce accurate work to a high technical standard;
- Draft technically correct opinions and reports for review;
- Interpret and apply theoretical knowledge to practical business solutions;
- Prioritise the workload and meet required deadlines;
- Gather information from different sources by using effective research tools;
- Assist with the research and preparation of proposals;
- Identify problems and use various tools and techniques to provide suggestions on how to solve them;
- Build credibility with colleagues and clients by using effective communication skills;
- Contribute effectively to the discussions around work and actively participate in generating creative ideas and thoughts;
- Adapt to a changing work environment and accommodate changing client demands;
- Facilitate teamwork by sharing knowledge with others on a regular basis and actively asking questions in order to achieve personal and work goals.
Critical Interpersonal and other skills
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Ability to provide innovative legal solutions to clients’ business and strategic needs;
- Client focused and solution-orientated;
- Ability to operate proactively;
- Strong research skills;
To Get More Legal Jobs in South Africa...DOWNLOAD OUR APP
- Able to demonstrate a sound technical ability and knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Good command of the English language and effective drafting skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Team player;
- Commitment to excellence.
For More Legal Jobs in South Africa
Qualifications and experience
- BCom or BA + LLB
- Strong academic background
- Admitted Attorney
- 2-4 years of post-articles experience in a consulting or law firm environment